All these stories about Vampire Squids and Snapping shrimps are so fascinating that sooner or later, a trip to a marine sanctuary is going to be in one of your top five things of list to do as a family.
Since we’re in Spain right now, we plan to visit the Sea Life Centre in Benalmadena this summer. It’s not the biggest place for these things, but with the jellyfish and the shark reef in the centre, I know that my 4 year old will be entranced for days.
Anyway, this is not why I’m writing this post.
The National Sea Life Centre in Birmingham is going to have lots of Octonauts-themed activities from June 2-24, 2012. How exciting is that?
Some of the activities include:
- A special quiz trail will have them exploring the Centre just like the crew of the Octopod on their latest underwater mission.
- Badge-making sessions will give them the chance to decorate and keep their very own Octonaut badges
- There’s an Octonaut arts & crafts area set aside where they can vent their painting, drawing and other creative skills to their hearts’ contents.
And get this, there will also be occassional visits from Captain Barnacles himself and Kwazii Cat!
Are you going? If you are, please do send us some pics to post on the site!
Important Information You Need To Know If You’re Going
- When: June 2- 24, 2012
- Where: Birmingham National Sea Life Centre, The Waters Edge, Brindleyplace, Birmingham B1 2HL
- Website: http://www.visitsealife.com/Birmingham/default/Octonauts/