Any Octonauts fan will surely have a fantastic Octonauts birthday party theme.
An Octonauts party can be closely tailored to a sea or ocean theme. This means lots of blue, lots of fishes, and lots of seeweed!
Of course, an Octonauts birthday party is never complete without the Octonauts themselves. So it’s best to brush up on your drawing and design skills for the invitations, decorations and cake baking.
Octonauts Party Invitations
It’s a good idea to use some common phrases from the show for your invitation. Even better, use the catch phrases of your child’s favorite character.
Here are some sentences that you can write on Octonauts party invitations
- Ahoy There me hearties. Me pirate friend is turning (child’s age). And we’d love you to join us at the Octopod for an octoriffic time.
- The Octonauts are having a party for (child’s name) and you are invited to the Octopod.
- Please come join us at the Octopod for a seeweed party
- Octonauts, To your station. There’s going to be a Octofantastic party and your presence is needed.
- Octonauts, Sound the octo alert. (child’s name) is turning 3 and you’re invited to the party. Gups will be waiting…
- Open the Octohatch. Get in your Gups and join the party.
- Barnacles to (invitee’s name). There will be a party at the Octopod and your presence is needed.
- Flippity Flippers. (child’s name) is growing very fast and he’s going to be (age) soon. Come and join us for an OCTOriffic party.
- Put on your deep sea suit. There’s going to be a party at the Midnight zone and you’re invited.
Octonauts Birthday Cake
If you look at the Octonauts facebook page, you’ll see lots of parents who’ve made amazing Octonauts birthday cake for their little ones.
There are some tips on the page on exactly how to make the birthday cakes and if you’ve got the skills, you might just be able to make your very own Octonauts birthday cake (and don’t forget to send us a pic of your creation!) . You can also use some Octonauts cake topper as suggest on this page.
For starters, there are some very easy ocean-theme cakes that you can easily make at home. Make these cakes and then just add a few of the Octonauts figures on it.
Here are links to some of my favorite tutorials on how to make an ocean-themed cake.
- http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/under-the-sea-cake-686557/ : This is an easy one
- http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Ocean-Cake : An Ocean cake recipe
- http://www.emoticakes.com/blog/2011/01/07/bodens-under-the-sea-cake/ – step-by-step instructions with pictures on how to make a sea themed cake
- http://www.uk-entertainers.co.uk/blog/2011/04/octonauts-kwazii-cake/ – Here’s how to make a Kwazii caike
Octonauts Party Decorations
For a genuine ocean feel, you can cover the room where the party is going to take place with blue paper or blue curtain. Next prints some pictures of the Octonauts characters as well as some sea creatures and then just paste it on to the blue paper. This should be enough to give the children a real feel of being under the sea.
You can also use a blue table cloth (paper) with fish gummy bears or figures scattered on it.
Don’t forget to add green paper for seeweed as well as a treasure chest to put all the party goodies in.
Octonauts Games For Birthday Parties
Here are some games and activities ideas for an Octonauts birthday party
1) Make octonauts hat and give them to the kids as they arrive. You can also have a medic bag, an eye patch or a carrot ready
2) Art Activities:
a) Make a decorator crab
b) Print some octonaut pictures for coloring
3) Octonauts Party Games
a) Captain Barnacles Says (much like Simon Says)
b) What Time Is It Whale Shark (What time is it wolf?)
c) Pirate treasure hunt complete with a map